Except Travelers from India, all visitors require visa. No embassies, agents abroad and foreign missions can issue visa for you. Visa clearance can only be processed through local Travel Agents and for you we can process the visa. Once your Tour in Bhutan is confirmed, visa clearance is issued. Actual visa is stamped upon arrival in Bhutan subject to production of visa clearance letter which we will send to you prior to visit to Bhutan. Visa fee of USD 20 per person is charged which you will need to pay along with the tour payment.
- Passport details duly filled should be sent to us one month in advance prior to Travel to Bhutan for us to process your visa clearance letter.
- For visitors traveling through Druk Air, visa clearance number is forwarded to the Druk Air station you are boarding overseas and only on production of the visa clearance letter; you will be allowed to board the flight.
- For travelers entering Bhutan via Phuentsholing (border town), visa clearance number is sent to the concerned official. Upon arrival they will stamp the visa but you will need two copies of passport size photos.
DOWNLOAD VISA APPLICATION FORM
A minimum of six months valid passport is required for all international visitors when you Travel to Bhutan. Passport requirement is optional for Indians.
tariff fixed by the Government:
Below are the costs for 3 or more pax traveling to Bhutan:
Peak Season: USD 200 per person per night
Lean Season: USD 165 per person per night
Peak Season: February, March, April, May, August, September, October, November and December
Lean Season: January, June & July
The minimum daily tariff is inclusive of:
- Royalty & taxes (USD 65 per person per night in peak season and USD 55 per person per night during lean season)
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and evening tea)
- Accommodations in a Standard Hotel certified by the Tourism Council of Bhutan
- Transportation within Bhutan on imported vehicles (includes Airport pick up and drop)
- Guide services
- Museum entrance Fees and sightseeing
Group of less than three tourists are subject to surcharge over and above the minimum daily tariff. The surcharge is applicable as follows:
- Single Independent Traveler: USD 40 per night
- For 2 Travelers: USD 30 per person per night
**The 10% commission paid to agency is not deductable from the surcharge.
The same rates apply for Trekking in Bhutan.
- Children upto 5 years will not be charged. However, children between the ages of 6 – 12 years accompanied by the elders/guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily basis.
- A 25% discount will be given to students holding valid identity cards from their Academic Institutions given that the students are below 25 years of age.
- 50% discount on daily basis will be given to one person in a group of 11 to 15. For a group exceeding 16 persons, one member will get 100% discount on daily rates.
- For halts between 10 and 20 nights, a discount of 10% on daily rates will be given and 20% discount on halts beyond 21 nights.
Note** Visitors availing discounts under Sections 1, 2 and 3 shall not be eligible for discount under section 4.
Only upon receipt of full tour payment as the policy laid down by the Tourism Council of Bhutan, will the tour be declared confirmed. You should make the payment atleast one month in advance to process your visa and other logistics bookings. Please wire transfer the tour payment to the following address:
CITI BANK N.A
111 WALLL ST.19th FLOOR,
NEW YORK, NY 10043, USA
ACCOUNT OF: BHUTAN NATIONAL BANK
SWIFT CODE: CITIUS 33
ABA NO: 0210-0008-9
CHIPS ROUNTING NUMBER: 008
Beneficiary: Yeti Homeland Adventures
(A/C # 55060012 maintained with BNB, Thimphu, Bhutan)
Note: A copy of Bank Transfer Receipt should be mailed us at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to + 975 2 351393
Once the Tour Programmes are booked and you want to cancel the trip. The following cancellation charges shall be levied:
• Within 30 days of
start of tour — no charges but the transfer charge will be deducted
• Within 21 days – 10% of rate plus transfer charge
• Within 14 days – 15% of rate plus transfer charge
• Within 7 days – 30% of rate plus transfer charge
• Less than 7 days or without notice – 50% of rate plus transfer charge
• After arrival in Bhutan – 100%